Thursday 13 January 2011

I am feeling a mixture of emotions

ranging from both joyful to fearful to melancholy and much more.
I suppose I am joyful, a wonderful thing has happened in the past week which I'm happy about, however I am now lying in bed pinned down by tonsillitis, what a bastard, and having been in bed for so many days as usual in my languor my mind begins to wonder and ponder about many things, especially the human race and the reasons as to why I dislike them as much as I do.
My reasonings I have concluded come from many observations, and I suppose at my inability to understand the shallowness and weakness of the human race, which I am also guilty of sharing characteristics, none of which can be helped because whether it is down to nature or nurture these traditions have long been ingrained upon us through our culture and society in which we live in. I suppose the one thing about human nature I find so difficult to grasp onto is our constant need to feel wanted and loved and by feeling so changing ourselves in order to become somone your "friends" will accept and like rather than being who you truly are, flaws and all.
And why is it that all most people want is to fall in love, get married and have children and buy a nice house? Surely that cannot be the point in living your life, yet most people you will ask that will be in their agenda at some point in their life. How is it that we have been brainwashed into believing all we want are those four things, because I'm pretty sure marrying for love wasn't always important and nor was having children, not simply for the sake of it anyway. And those who want differently are ostracized and treated as if they are scum, well excuse me for wanting to pursue my hedonsitic desires and fulfilling a life which I have truly enjoyed rather than becoming another puppet for society to control barely alive.
What about those who simply who are entirely selfish and cannot seem to be themselves and no one seems to realise how truly false they are. Human nature is an absolute mystery to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment