Friday 17 December 2010

Fuck the System

Recently I have been thinking more and more about society as a whole, I do give credit to my sociology lessons and the issues of the raise in tuition fees making far more aware than I was before of how much I... dislike our current government. Reading through all the news reports of it astounds me to see how much information the media seems to leave out in order to portray students as those who are violent youths rather than the whole story, although it doesn't surprise me they did, it's just the amount the media does leave out which shocked me. So much for freedom of speech.
In sociology my teacher used a phrase in which we are described as "puppets on a string" being manipulated by all the powerful social institutions, such as the government in order to all control us, and force us into conforming.  I believe that we have no free will, they've conditioned everyone to believe we all have a choice and that the choice we happen to be making is our own, yet how can we be certain? We are all shaped by society, even those who rebel have been shaped to want to go against anything that is seen to be conformist in order not to. So how do we know what we truly want?  And why is it we are enabling these institutions to spoon feed us all this capitalist bullshit? In today's society we are taught to believe we have more freedom than ever before, but everything we do, the choices we make have all been influenced by the system we all live by.
If I have to be shaped by society I'll be taking the rebellious road, at least in that sense I won't feel like another mindless robot bowing down to this countries capitalist situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment